Costa Brava Spain Beaches
Empuriabrava (The Widest Beach On The Costa Brava)
Empuriabrava is strange phenomena on the Costa Brava coast with its…
- system of canals
- sleek yachts
- wide stretch of sand (the widest beach on the Costa Brava)
- long beach front promenade (perfect for walking, running, rollerblading…)
you could be mistaken for thinking you were in some Venice, Miami hybrid.
Empuriabrava beach, whilst not exciting (I’m more a fan of smaller beaches with rocky headlands)…
- has bucket loads of sand,
- enough room for the entire population of holiday makers on the Costa Brava to lay their beach towels,
- a cracking view of the Bay of Roses with the Cap de Creus headland to your left and the Montgri Massif to your right (the Bay of Roses (which includes the beaches of L'Escala, Sant Marti d'Empuries, Sant Pere Pescador, Empuriabrava and Roses) is in the Most Beautiful Bays in the World Club! This is a UNESCO endorsed classification)
this is one of the prime spots on the Costa Brava for windy water based sports
To the south, Empuriabrava beach meets Les Llaunes beach. Les Llaunes lies in front of the southern section of the wonderful unspoilt wetlands area of Parc Natural dels Aiguamolls de l’Emporda. To the north Empuriabrava beach meets La Rubina beach (which lies in front of the northern section of Aiguamolls), at the canal entrance to Empuriabrava port. La Rubina beach meets Santa Margarida beach at the canal entrance to Santa Margarida port. Rubina is a dog friendly beach!
The beach of Empuriabrava has been awarded a Blue Flag each year for at least the last 5 years.
Costa Brava Spain Beaches - Empuriabrava Webcam
Want to see what the beach and canals look like right now?…take a look at the beach webcam.
Costa Brava Spain Beaches - Empuriabrava - General Information
Where to stay?...check out:
Hotel Castello d'Empuries
Costa Brava Spain beaches - Empuriabrava - How To Get Here
Zoom in on Roses and then on Empuriabrava on the map below to see the numbers and names of the roads. The nearest motorway is the AP7.
If you need car hire in the Costa Brava please click on this link.
View Costa Brava Spain in a larger map
You can also get to Empuriabrava by bus from Barcelona (changing at Castello D'Empuries) and Girona (changing at Castello D'Empuries or Figueres). Please see
Amazing Girona Offer!
Stay in a hotel in Girona for just €10. Enjoy a meal in Girona for just €10. And more special offers...
Our Sponsorship Policy
Fishing In Spain
Check Out The Other
Costa Brava Beaches...
Sant Pere Pescador
Sant Marti d'Empuries
Calella Costa Brava
Cala El Golfet
Platja de Castell
Lloret De Mar
Spain Beaches: Other Info...
Award Winning Spain Beaches
Scuba Diving Costa Brava
Award Winning Marinas Costa Brava Spain