Cycling Routes Costa Brava:
La Canya to Sant Pau de Seguries
This route takes you through the Alt Garrotxa region.
The route starts in La Canya, just north of Olot.
It is an 18 km climb.
Average gradient of 2.6% (there is a section that is 6.7%)
(Pretty much anyone can manage a gradient of up to 5%)
How to Get to La Canya from Girona (and then to the cycle route)
If you want to go further, you can turn right at Sant Pau de Seguries, on to the C-38 and carry on to Camprodon (another lovely village - here you can buy some really nice biscuits that are a speciality of this village!).
- Head north out of Girona on the C-66.
- You will pass Banyoles and Besalu (a beautiful medieval village, well worth stopping at).
- Carrying on along the C-66 towards Olot, after approx 6.5 km take the GI-522 to Castellfolit de la Roca (another beautiful medieval village - this one stands out as something particularly special though as it it literally on the edge of a cliff)
- The GI-522 ends at La Canya. Turn right (in the direction of Camprodon).
- After approx 15 km, there will be a right turn on to Sant Pau de Seguries, via Sant Salvador de Bianya. This is the best bit of the route (and the toughest bit) that takes you over the Coll de Capsacosta.
Costa Brava Biking Routes Map
All the biking routes are on the same map, so you need to click on the larger map link below to open the map to find the route you are interested in.
View Cycling Routes Costa Brava in a larger map
Other Bike Routes in Catalunya
- The Greenways - biking trails that follow old disused railway routes
Return to top
Return to Cycling Costa Brava
Return to Activities Costa Brava
Return to Costa Brava (homepage)