Cycling Routes Costa Brava:
Amer to Sant Marti Sacalm
This cycling route is on the American professional cyclists training route. You can often see them grinding out intervals on this road.
The route starts in the village of Amer in the Garrotxa region of Catalonia (west of Girona).
It is a steep 8 km winding road. It’s tough, but there is a water font just over half way which you can refill your water bottle at or just dunk your head under.
Average gradient of 7% (Pretty much anyone can manage a gradient of up to 5%)
How to Get to Amer from Girona (and then to the cycle route)
- Head west out of Girona on the N-141.
- After approx 15 km you will get to the town of Angles.
- From Angles head north on the C-63 (towards Olot).
- After approx 7 km (just before the village of Amer), take a left on the Antic Cami Ferrocarril de Girona a Olot (which runs almost parallel to the C-63).
- After approx 1.5km you will reach a cross roads, take the left road (Cami d’Amer a Sant Marti Sacalm) to Sant Marti Sacalm.
Costa Brava Biking Routes Map
All the biking routes are on the same map, so you need to click on the larger map link below to open the map to find the route you are interested in. View Biking Routes Costa Brava in a larger map
Other Bike Routes in Catalunya
- The Greenways - biking trails that follow old disused railway routes
Return to top
Return to Cycling Costa Brava
Return to Activities Costa Brava
Return to Costa Brava (homepage)