Cycling Routes Costa Brava:
Boadella d'Emporda to Coustouges
This route takes you through the Serra de l’Estella, at the eastern end of the Pyrenees.
The route starts in Boadella d’Emporda, just north of Figureres.
It is an approx 28 km climb.
How to Get to Boadella d’Emporda from Figueres (and then to the cycle route)
If you want to go further, you can carry on past Coustouges on the D-3 to Saint Laurent-de-Cerdans, then La Forge-del-Mitg, ending at Le Pas du Loup. This a is 14 km descent
- Head north out of Figueres on the A-2 / N-11 (do not accidentally take the A-7 motorway).
- After approx 5.5 km you will come to the village of Pont de Molins, take a left here on to the GIV-5041 towards Boadella l’Emporda.
- After approx 4 km the road forks (the left fork is still the GIV-5041 taking you to the village of Les Escaules). You want to take the right fork (the GIV-5042).
- Stay on the GIV-5042 until you reach Boadella l’Emporda. The road will bend sharply round to the right before it terminates at a T-junction.
- Turn right on to the GI-504.
- At the next T-junction turn left towards Barri del Panta.
- At Barri del Panta the road bends round to the right and a lake will be on your left.
- Continue on this road until you enter the town of Darnius, you will then come to a cross-roads, turn left on to the GI-503 (Carretera Macanet) towards Macanet de Cabrenys.
- Stay on the GI-503 all the way to Coustouges, passing over the Coll dels Horts on route.
Costa Brava Biking Routes Map
All the biking routes are on the same map, so you need to click on the larger map link below to open the map to find the route you are interested in. View Cycling Routes Costa Brava in a larger map
Other Bike Routes in Catalunya
- The Greenways - biking trails that follow old disused railway routes
Return to top
Return to Cycling Costa Brava
Return to Activities Costa Brava
Return to Costa Brava (homepage)